Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nanganallur to Nanganallur Via Nanganallur

Last Saturday, 26th June, I took out my car to go to Kodambakkam. I usually take the Pazhavanthangal subway to reach the GST. It had just started drizzling and then developed into a steady rain. Here is the interesting sequence of events. People who know this locality will be able to understand more easily on the routes mentioned.

1. When I reached the subway, I could see vehicles moving slowly as it was water-logged up to knee level (for half an hour's rain). One vehicle was stuck and hence it took more time to overtake by turns (as it is not a big subway in terms of width).
2. I realised that it will be worse when we come back as all 3 important subways connecting Nanganallur is prone for water-logging. Hence decided to come back via the Thillai Ganga nagar subway.
3. It was in worst state already. I could see 5-6 cars waiting in the downward slope just to see if they can wade through the water. I decided to take a U-Turn to come back home via Pazhavanthangal subway itself. Many other followed the same. We warned all incoming vehicles (from GST side) that there is no point in going forward.
4. I took the left near Trident and drove for 25 meters or so and stopped. I could see a long queue of vehicles trying to cross the subway.
5. I again took a U-Turn and decided to reach home via AM Jain College gate. I had to wait for 15 minutes, but it was better than wading through water with the fear of car getting stuck

For half an hour's rain, this is the situation. These bloody political rascals don't even bother to sort out major issues like these which puts common man in difficulty frequently.

No comments: