Saturday, September 11, 2010

Samsung Mobile - My experience

I was a staunch Nokia user, but when my one month old Nokia 3110C got pick-pocketed, I had to chose Samsung M200 because it was the only mobile available in that price range with similar features. Just four months into use, I found it restarting often without any specific sequence. I took it to service centre where they replaced the software but again the same problem kept occurring. I took it the second time and told him to either rectify or replace as it was within warranty period of one year.

I was told that there is indeed a mother board fault and so, they will get it replaced - either with a new mother board or set. I was asking for a set as replacing MB is going to be same as new one. Luckily, they didn't have any M200 in stock and so they offered C3212 Dual SIM model as replacement. I was asked to bring the old mobile with the box and accessories to the Samsung office at Radhakrishnan Salai and was given the new one. The unfortunate part is that the warranty start date of the new mobile is same as the previous one (it takes the date of old mobile purchase date).

So, if your mobile is giving some problem in the first year, insist on getting it replaced and don't easily accept the "software re-installation" solution. Why should a software problem occur in the first year of purchase and who knows it that would solve? We, as layman wouldn't know and have to rely on them. Why not insist to give a bug free product.

In my case, I was curious to know why they offered C3212 as replacement. I was told that they will try to give a new model whose price is same as the problematic mobile (and ignore if the difference is Rs. 100 or so).

No comments: