Saturday, October 23, 2010

'The Last Lecture' and Leaving iSOFT after almost 9 years

I wanted to write this piece a month back about quitting iSoft (located at Chennai) after spending close to 9 years. It was good to hear pleasing comments on my last days from many of the innumerable colleagues and friends who I had acquired there. On a lighter note, they might have felt happy that I am finally calling it quits :-) But yes, I wanted to be very clear that, when I decide to quit, I shall never think about reconsidering the decision.

One of the best parting gift (I would cherish this ever) was given by my colleague named Chandrasekar R. He presented me the book 'The Last Lecture' and I just finished reading it. I am not going to talk about Randy Pausch as the whole world knows about his last lecture delivered at Carnegie Mellon. Each chapter was a nail on the head - the ones that made me very emotional talked about family, social & ethical values, parenting and being responsible. I wish I could follow few of them and make life better for me and others.

This is a must read book.

No comments: